Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thing 2: 7 1/2 Habits of Life Long Learners

I love learning new things, but I am not fully equipped with the 7 1/2 habits. Probably what I'm best at is using technology to my advantage. I saw personal computers first emerge from the haze and jumped right into them. However, I'm not a nerd and there are significant holes in my knowledge because I have only invested the effort into technology when I saw a clear and present need. But I'm not afraid to try, and I often do very well because I know the software designer wanted the software to be used so must have made it possible. I WILL read the help files, research online, and even buy a manual if I think it is necessary. I look for the shortcuts and try different ways of doing things.

I hate to talk about what I'm not good at. So I'll be brief. View problems as challenges. I love technical challenges that I can deal with like puzzles. But I don't do as well at the softer skills, such as planning ahead, which was almost most my choice of most difficult habit for. So like many people I will do promptly the things I do well and procrastinate with the things I don't do well.

I think real personal change is very difficult but unless you are totally fossilized, you can always learn and improve.

1 comment:

  1. The love of learning will take you far in the library world...every day can be a bit of an adventure.

    P.S. I LOVE your blog title!

    ReplyDelete