Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thing 8: RSS Feeds

In this world inundated by information, RSS feeds are necessary to have a fighting chance against the flood. I see it as a great way to limit the information to just what you want. At first I had a hard time understanding how to set them up because I couldn't them afterward. I think I just didn't know where to look.

In my personal life I can subscribe to sites that cater to my hobbies, like beer brewing! And because books are important to me, feeds from blogs on books will also be great.

As a librarian, or for just about any professional, RSS feeds will funnel the relevant information to one. I subscribe to several blogs and requested feeds from ALA and TLA. I added the blog links to my new iGoogle page. Then, once I figured out how to do that, I discovered how easy it was to add them to my blog from Google Reader because it was a single button option on the edit page. So you can see them to side of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment