Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing 21: Podcast

This has been an extremely frustrating task. Some of the frustration is my fault and some isn't. Anyways, after working 5 hours on it, I am fairly satisfied with my 1min 30sec podcast. I know it will go much smoother next time.

There are many ways podcasts could be used in the library. Booktalks, library introduction, technology tutorials, information literacy tutorials, PR announcements, etc. In many of these cases I would use just Photostory without making a separate audio file like I did this time. It was nice having the music at the beginning and end, but it added another layer of complication.

I am proud of myself for discovering how to switch to the old post editor so the video button would show.

3 comments:

  1. I think that went beyond podcast and into the world of MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATION!! Seriously, it was good with the layers of music, voice and photos. You are right, your next one will be easier. If you have access to a Mac Book, you might check out the software iMovie. It is like photostory but more user friendly. Last school year I had some 3 - 5th graders using it to create projects - none near as good as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do that in PhotoStory? If so, that is great! The mikes I have for my students did not pick them up near as well. You could definitely use more of these on your library website to promote new books! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this Photostory and Audacity. My son, who is into music, has used Audacity so he was able to show me better what to do than the help we got at the podcast workshop. He also got a quality USB mike last Christmas and I used that too.

    Two things were kind of hard for me. First the writing and speaking. I'm not a good speaker and I forgot the good advice about printing out the booktalk double-spaced first. I kept changing things and had to record something like ten times. The other thing was the timing with the Photostory pictures. It wasn't too bad, but I had to mess with it for a while.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete