Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thing 10: Image generators






Spiffy text is a great tool for creating very slick looking banners and headings that can be used on their own or as part of a document.

Comic strip generator is only limited by your imagination. It would also be a neat tool for students to try as a writing warm-up or reward for good work. Let them create a TAKS poster or strategy reminder using cartoons.

This was created by Barcode Generator, which along with Spiffy Text is part of the long list of sites listed at Custom Sign Generator Widgets. It would also make a great banner or a cool bookmark.

As you can see, I had a lot of fun with this assignment and wish I had time to explore more. I'll just have to play around more later. In fact, I'll close this post and dive back in there.

3 comments:

  1. Your images are great - very creative. I especially can understand the summer comment. Interestingly mine uploaded just fine but now one is looking rather odd. Has websites instead of the comic. I plan to ask Branom on Tuesday. Not sure what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble with my cartoon too. I tried the upload button but a blank PayPal page came up. I finally figured out that right-clicking and "Save image as..." worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it summer yet? Being in summer school sure makes it feel that I haven't had a true break since the school year let out. I like the barcode idea. You're images from the various image generators you chose are cute.

    ReplyDelete