Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thing 7: Google stuff

I have experimented with some of the Google features before. In Biblio & Ref we used Google Scholar, and I was quite impressed with it. It quickly brought up many relevant hits for specific searches. I have also used Google Reader. I have done very little with it but you can link to it here to see a few books I have read and others I want to read.

I am very interested in Google Docs. I do a lot of translating and create a lot of documents for my class, so my allotted server space is always filling up. Google Docs would be a great place for overflow and I could move an entire segment of my files there. Librarians could also use it to collaborate with each other or with teachers on projects. I uploaded a Word document with math and science web sites I use to direct students to certain sites and you can access it here. It is also great for those projects you want access to wherever you are from any computer. For example, I can upload files that I may want to access next month while I am in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment