Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing 17: Rollyo

Rollyo could be very useful. As one person said, it can used with curricula wikis. I take he is talking about a teachers' cooperative wiki to find and develop resources for particular subjects. It could also be used with a classroom wiki or blog, limiting student searches to particular sites. And I can see using Rollyo on my own for projects and recurring tasks that require certain information from the internet. For example, I might have a book idea and I could take useful sites and create a searchroll with them. Delicious.com tags would work, but if I wasn't searching for something in particular and didn't know if it was in the sites or where, I would have to open each one and Rollyo would let me do a single search. Yes, I like that idea.

I created a searchroll of sites with booktalks for middle school and teens. I tried it out and it works pretty well, but I noticed that there were hits from sites I hadn't included. I don't know why that would be unless sites linked to the one I included got bundled in too somehow. Feel free to explore and copy. As video showed, open the searchroll,  rename it and modify it as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment