Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing 18: Online productivity tools

I recently started using Google Docs as I mentioned before, primarily to handle overload from my limited space on the district serve and to make certain documents available from any computer.

There are kinks. I have successfully uploaded files previously but today I couldn´t. But still the capability to use basic productivity applications online is very appealing to me. 95% of the time I´m only using basic functions anyway. I´m not sure how much I would use the online collaboration capability since wikis offer the same--except for the presentation and spreadsheet apps. Hummm? 

I loved the form tool. You can create an online form with several built-in question types including text, multiple choice and scale easily and quickly and then either distribute the link or embed the form in a blog or web page. Responses from the form are tabulated for you. I can think of several classroom and community uses for this.

I also played with the drawing tool a little bit. It's very basic. Here's my class profile picture fancied up a bit.
 
Online productivity tools definitely have a place in what we do and they may be the wave of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment